Sunday, October 3, 2010

Won't you be my neighbor?

I am not just talking squawky when I say that Fred "Mr." Rogers is one of my lifelong heroes! Being gay and admittedly kinda ladylike I didn't see many soft-spoken, uber-polite gentleman. C'mon I grew up in a fishing community. And obviously Mr. R was NOT gay, but he was someone I wanted to emulate. He was kind, interested in learning and imagining, and loved his Neighbors.
That focus on community is one of the most important values to me personally and as a Maker of Things. And with that in mind I will get to the point already! I started a facebook group, and have been trying to gather Bangor's crafty folks into one place, hopefully in person. As Dorkorama has grown, I have met so many cool, inspiring people who also sell their goods. Designers of every possible thing you could design, photographers, painters, jewelry makers in every specialty, book-binders, bath and body products-you name it, we have someone who is doing it, and doing it beautifully! So if you are one of those folks and you live anywhere in the Bangor area, hit me up or search Bangor Handmade Mafia on facebook. Let's see what we can make happen!

No comments: