Friday, August 27, 2010

Inspired!

I have been so busy! When I made the move from Etsy to Artfire business slowed down a bit. Or came to a screeching halt. Which sucks a lot, but I am so thankful it  happened! Things had been moving  like they were pokemons, but I was super blocked. I was spending all of my time on orders, and shipping and so many things I had more than one of which was great. They order,  I recreate, we are cool, and there is  inventory still. But that can't last forever, stones run out, you sell out of a particular design, and uh-oh you have been so busy, you have nothing new!
And the new items I was making were mediocre, pretty and sparkly, but there was nothing exciting about them, nothing  that made it a Dorkorama piece. But it was all  going so well and so quick I couldn't just take a break! And I wouldn't have even if I could have afforded to! Then I got a bit to far on my etsy bill...and bam! Done.
My bill  is getting paid down-it wasn't that big. Really though I don't think I will go back to etsy. If I am going  to shell out that kind of money, I should be shelling  it out on my own website.
The upside though is that the forced break woke my creativity back  up, I  have made so so so so many new pieces, and I am thrilled with so many of them. My hands can't keep up with my ideas! It has also given me a chance to really go through stuff, take apart and rework old  pieces, try new things and styles, and build my shop from scratch again, this time knowing what I am doing better, and making it all a bit more finished and cohesive.And also I have gotten to play! I have made some crazy wacky things people won't  wear, but I have had a lot of  A-HA moments, and I feel so excited to dive back in.
 But yeah-inspired. I'll shut  the hell  up and let the pictures do the talking. 
Upcycled Flower Cuff- From Soda Bottles
and again
Mermaid Cameo Necklace with sterling silver clam shell charm
Sterling Silver, Black  Spinel and Moonstone Earrings
Flower Pin-Recycled Soda Bottles again
 It's funny, my first listing on etsy were earrings made of soda bottles, and  look where I am again!
Golden rutilated quartz necklace, with  accents of black spinel, pyrite and moonstone. On a sterling silver chain and wrapped with ss and gold-filled  wire. This  was one of those "can't go to bed until it's finished pieces"
Antique clock bead, wrapped in brass filigree
Chinese turquoise and dark wood, chunky beaded necklace
vintage craft cat eye ring. I got a big  bag of craft bits from a thrift shop, including really old googly eyes and these cat's eyes
Pendant made with clear magnifying  cab and scrap paper
See, it's all over the place, but there are lots of ideas percolating, and I am feeling really optimistic.

No comments: