Friday, August 27, 2010

Home...

I am leaving tomorrow to go home-meaning Lubec ME, and Campobello Island, NB in exotic foreign CANADA =P
It's crazy because I am so homesick, but it hasn't been my home for 9 years. After moving to Bangor, it took a  few years but it became my home. When I travel and start missing home I think of Bangor. When I go to see my Mom sometimes I get homesickn for Bangor. I always smile when I come back to Bangor, and turn off of route 9 and make my way down the hill and cross the bridge into Bangor and you can see it all lit up. Just a little tiny city, but MY little tiny city with my cats and my Fella and espresso, and my STUFF.
Right now though,  it has shifted. And I  don't just miss it. I am HOMESICK. Like being ten and at sleepaway camp and your tummy hurts because you miss home that bad. It makes everything feel off, and if you can just get HOME you know it will all feel ok again.  There is this moment on the ride there, the temperature seems to drop, my body relaxes, my skin fits better, and then I get that first whiff of the clean amazing ocean air.  That is the moment when  the sickness is cured, you're home!
And I am going for a wedding, my little wonderful hilarious Sheri O'Teri-esque cousin Dawn is getting married! We lived  in a little family compound like we were fundamentalist christians or something while we were growing up, she is kind of like my baby sister. So  because it  is in Canada and because I love her so I am  lifting my "No I won't go to your f-in' wedding until that civil right is mine as well, thanks for your goshdern support, ally!" ban for a day.
I feel like after a few days of all that family I will start to feel homesick again, for Bangor!
I will leave you with some pictures, try not to be jealous.

No comments: