Monday, September 6, 2010

The Friendly Skies...

Making the rounds on my favorite fashion and design blogs and such today I came across quite a curious thing, uniformfreak.com one man's massive collection of stewardess/flight attendant/current accepted non-demeaning job title. He has over 3000, from all over the world. I found myself stuck here forever, endlessly pushing the next button to see the next ones. It's so cool to see trends come and go, and all of the different countries designs. And yet with all that diversity it is still just a basic uniform. At times when I was staring at it, and clicking through it would seem like the uniforms on the mannequin didn't change,  just the colors and patterns on it. Kinda trippy.
As a jewelry designer though I was so inspired, the routine....uh...uniform-ness...of the uniforms really put the patterns and color combos on display nicely. And the mannequin he uses? Fierce! I want to buy this lady a drink! Maybe when we land-I have a 3 hour layover ;)

No comments: